What information is Seattle Town Car Service gathering about its visitors, and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g., google.com) and an IP address (e.g., 22.214.171.124). When a visitor requests a page from within the Seattle Town Car,Inc (STC) Website, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our web server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you
- Your IP address
- The web page that you may have linked to us from, if any
- The product Identifier for version and make of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 4.5)
- The operating system platform that you may be running (e.g., Macintosh or Windows)
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g., Google, Yahoo, or Lycos).
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every web server on the Internet today.
The purpose for this information is actually twofold. One, Seattle Town Car Service has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
What other information does Seattle Town Car,Inc (STC) request?
We may also request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict “No Spam” policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party, without your consent.
In addition, Seattle Town Car Service will not send you e-mail that you have not agreed to receive. If you are a member of our mailing list, you will be contacted with announcements, news, portfolio additions, and new products or services. You have the option of “Unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the Seattle Town Car Service (STCS) staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within Seattle Town Car Service.
What information does Seattle Town Car,Inc (STC) collect when I purchase something?
If you agree to receive our services, we need to obtain the appropriate information in order to complete the transaction. Depending upon the method of payment that you select and your location, the required information may vary. However, generally speaking, we will need your:
- Billing Address (for credit card Reservation)
- Service Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Number (for credit card reservation)
- Expiration Date (for credit card Reservation)
Will Seattle Town Car Service (STC) disclose the information collected to third parties?
Seattle Town Car,Inc (STC) will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Seattle Town Car Service.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Seattle Town Car Service, or visitors of Seattle Town Car
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.